Friday, January 15, 2010

my manifesto

when i was looking through all my old files in preparation for my grad school stuff, i came across the manifesto we had to write in my senior seminar class. this is absolutely ridiculous and hilarious at the same time.

Manifesto


I am for an art that is unforgettable.

I am for an art that makes me cringe.

I am for an art that has nice lighting.

I am for an art that is ‘roids & ‘ramics.

I am for an art that is falling asleep in Gary May’s class while watching Apocalypse Now.

I am for an art that causes me to lose sleep.

I am for an art that involves voyeurism.

I am for an art that causes bumps in my hair.

I am for an art that is eco-friendly.

I am for an art that grips a purple drank.

I am for an art that is rearranging magnetic letters to spell out “Moms Beefy Victim” when I’m in the studio by myself.

I am for an art that is about freaks and geeks.

I am for an art that involves traveling.

I am for an art that consumes veggie burgers.

I am for an art that just because you are an art kid doesn’t mean you don’t have to shower.

I am for an art that rides the D-Train.

I am for an art that looks out the window of Peace at Safari Vest.

I am for an art that is wet and rusty.

I am for an art that is muscle ‘n flow.

I am for an art that makes me feel like I’ve consumed too much caffeine.

I am for an art that explores abandoned buildings.

I am for an art that appreciates other cultures.

I am for an art that has multiple exposures.

I am for an art that makes up secret languages.

I am for an art that makes me contemplate life.

I am for an art that eats baby carrots with ranch dressing.

I am for an art that is in search of the perfect cup of coffee.

I am for an art that frolics on fake grass at 3 am.

I am for an art that makes me think and doesn’t make me think.

I am for an art that is hipster-free.

I am for an art that glitters.

I am for an art that makes my hair straight.

I am for an art that drops a deuce after a morning’s cup of coffee.

I am for an art that is as close as you can get without getting your eyes wet.

I am for an art that involves big sunglasses.

I am for an art that is being barefoot in the sand.

I am for an art that involves copious amounts of alcohol on the weekends or weekdays for that matter.

I am for an art that deals with my pseudo homeland of New Zealand.

I am for an art that eats friskets and fwheat fwins.

I am for an art that gives me chills.

I am for an art that makes me question my existence.

I am for an art that makes me look like Kim Cattrall when I’m 50 years old.

I am for an art that kills the crickets and spiders that reside in my bedroom.

I am for an art that lets me get out my macro lens.

I am for an art that makes delicate flowers.

I am for an art that remembers to take my vitamins every morning.

I am for an art that is getting the jackpot of seeds in the middle of a pomegranate.

I am for an art that has brass knuckles.

I am for an art that has coffee talks.

I am for an art that will leave you raw.

I am for an art that knows my sauce preference.

I am for an art that that is ambiguous and androgynous.

I am for an art that creates art.

I am for an art that makes me want to live life.

I am for an art that is what it is.

I’m for an art that isn’t for an art.


2 comments:

Shlee said...

Oh how things have changed... But not really!

Tracy said...

this is so ridiculous!!!